Part-Time Student-Cybersecurity-Johnston IA or Cary NC-Partial Remote
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Johnston
Function: Information Technology
Title: Part-Time Student-Cybersecurity-Johnston IA or Cary NC-Partial Remote - 93975
Onsite/Remote:Partial Remote Position
This position is open to a partial work remote arrangement with onsite work to be performed at the John Deere facility in either Johnston, Iowa, or Cary, North Carolina.
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company's regular full-time staff and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule YEAR-ROUND.
As a Part-Time Student-Cybersecurity supporting the global operations of John Deere Financial (JDF) located in Johnston, Iowa, you will:
- Software Engineering - Develop, review and deploy code for JDF's internal security website (mostly in Java and Python).
- Application Security - Investigate and support remediation for web application vulnerabilities.
- Ideally you will be pursuing a degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security/Information Assurance, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a similar major; others may apply
- Must be registered as a full-time student at a local accredited university/college
- Graduation date of May 2024 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Able to work 10-20 hours/weekly during the academic year (flexible based upon class schedule and availability)
- Able to work 35-40 hours/weekly during summer semesters and school breaks
- Must be able to complete assignments remotely per manager discretion with a combination of onsite and remote work
- Exposure to one or more programming languages such as Java or Python
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Strong analytical, communication and intrapersonal skills
To set yourself apart from others, you will have:
- Participated in cyber defense competitions, hackathons or similar events
- Experience with cloud development such as AWS Fargate, Lambda, S3, etc
- Knowledge of the OWASP Top 10 and OWASP API Top 10
NOTE: For Iowa State University students, this assignment will qualify for ISU course credit as a co-op/internship position working 20 hours per week.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Click Here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.