Service Center Technician
Our Tesla Service Technicians are members of the largest technician team on the planet, working together in pursuit of our mission to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy. Joining Tesla means being a part of a team composed of the most talented Technicians and Engineers on the planet. Our technicians work on cutting edge automotive technology and on the most advanced cars in production today.
Service Technicians at Tesla are the heart of every service location. We rely on their expertise in process improvement and in the delivery of the best service and products to our customers. We want you to elevate your professional growth through a combination of programs and on the job training while accelerating your career and unlocking your potential. With a global presence, we want to support your growth and career wherever life may take you. Our expectation is that you bring your full self to work each day, deliver high quality product, provide exceptional customer service, and help support our mission.
- Execute basic and advanced diagnostic and repair work on all aspects of Tesla product line
- Work independently and as a team to drive maximum repair efficiency
- Provide feedback to Tesla design and engineering teams directly to enable continuous improvement of repair procedures and products.
- Participate with a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful attitude in an ever-changing dynamic environment.
- Utilize your company supplied laptop to support diagnostics and provide online training opportunities
- Operate a variety of top-of-the-line hand, power, and shop tools
- Consistently and concisely detail and document repairs
- Inspect and maintain shop equipment and request replacement as required
- Partner with other teams to ensure delivery of an exceptional product by cleaning and detailing vehicles as needed
- Assist with onboarding and training of new technicians to help upskill the team
- High School Diploma or Associate Degree/Certificate, or work experience in a related technology space (aeronautics, engines, electrical, ships, etc.)
- Automotive Service Technicians License, or desire to become Technician Apprentice through provincial schooling (Canada only)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and processes, and adapt to change
- Ability to innovate, solve complex issues, and present new ideas
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions with attention to detail
- Proven ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Section 609 Refrigerant handling certification preferred
- Experience working in a team-based environment to achieve common goals
- Evidence of a "safety first" attitude
- Basic command of the English or French (Canada Only) language
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Basic computer skills, including navigating web browsers and standard applications like Excel and Word.
- Valid driver's license in the country (State for US) in which you are applying, along with a clean driving history
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.